The John P. Burke
Memorial Fund Scholarship
To be considered for a scholarship, the candidate must submit a completed application with the following information to the John P. Burke Memorial Fund by June 1st:
At the time of applying, the applicant must have completed a minimum of two (2) full golf seasons, not including the current year, of successful work at a member club of the Rhode Island Golf Association in the following areas:
- Golf Operations including a caddie, golf shop operations worker, cart or bag room operations, and practice range.
- Golf Course Maintenance staff.
- Clubhouse staff who work in the “front areas of the clubhouse” directly serving golfers.
- Includes wait staff, food and beverage servers, on-course food facility/cart and locker room staff.
- The student must be a regular or seasonal employee and have a work schedule of minimum of 18 hours per week.
- Applicants may apply as seniors in high school or during their college careers.
To Be Considered For A Burke Scholarship:
- Candidate must provide information demonstrating an acceptable scholastic record at an accredited secondary school, a verifiable homeschooling academic record or at an accredited undergraduate college/university.
- Candidate must provide the requested financial information.
- Candidate must be above average in character, integrity and leadership as demonstrated in participation in extracurricular, civic and/or community activities.
- An interview with the Scholarship Committee is required. Note: A completed information package is required in order to schedule an interview.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to see that all the required documents and information is submitted.